The IT Systems Support Technician is responsible to assist the IT Coordinator support for software, hardware and mobility as well as end-user systems training, network administration, IT systems management and various utility communication tower duties. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the position and are not a complete description of all responsibilities and activities required for this position.
1. High School diploma is required.
2. Post-secondary education related to information technologies is preferred.
3. 3 to 5 years relevant work experience is preferred.
4. Good working knowledge of PC hardware, and Microsoft operating systems is required. Understanding of SQL Server and geodatabase. Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Dynamics GP / Diamond Financial software is an asset.
5. Ability to troubleshoot common hardware and software problems. Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
6. Ability to operate hand tools, install components and other peripheral accessories.
7. Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language for non-technical staff.
8. Analytical and problem-solving abilities. Pay close attention to detail, accurately capture, retain and relay information. Work in fast paced environment, prioritize and manage multiple work tasks to achieve deadlines.
9. Interact well with and respond to enquiries from management, council, other staff, contractors and ratepayers.
10. Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license, be able to provide an acceptable driver’s abstract and a satisfactory criminal record.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. ITLine solutions would like to thank all those interested in the position. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Monday to Friday